Plant Biotech Terms & Conditions
We recommend that you read our terms of sale before you place your order with us. By placing the order and/or by paying (deposit/partial/full amount) on our invoice you accept our standard terms below.
- All accounts will be cash in advance or cash on delivery until credit is approved.
- Customers with approved credit, invoices are due on a 30-day net basis.
- Finance charges will accrue at the rate of 1.5% per month on amounts past due date and will be collected.
- Accounts with a balance over 60 days will become cash on delivery until account is current.
- We reserve the rights to suspend credit and hold or cancel shipments if conditions are not meet.
- Payment methods include direct bank transfer, company or cashier cheque, internet money transfer using our available payment gateway.
- A fee of $30.00 will be charged for all returned cheques.
- Accounts in dispute after the due date may be turned over to a debt collection agency and will become “no-sale”. The debtor would be liable to pay all costs incurred in the collection of the debt.
- Plant Biotech Pty Ltd. is committed to shipping the highest quality plants by the most effective and efficient method available.
- All orders are shipped at customer’s risk. All shipments become the property of the purchaser when the carrier picks up the order. The purchaser must file any claim for transportation damage with the carrier.
- All boxed orders are carefully packed & inspected prior to shipment. Once they leave our premises we no longer have control of how the material will be handled. Rough handling may cause plants to be dislodged from containers during shipment. Most of our plants are extremely fast growing and forgiving. There may be some minor damage to the leaves during the packing and shipping process. The plants will respond rapidly upon planting and these damaged leaves will recover quickly.
- All plant material should be unpacked and inspected immediately upon arrival. Claims must be made within 48 hours by fax, telephone or email after receipt of goods. A digital image of the plant material being claimed must be emailed to [email protected]
- No claims shall be entertained after 48hrs of receipt.
- You can take out the insurance on the shipment for peace of mind.
- The importer is responsible to clear plants at his border
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
Plant Biotech Pty Ltd. strives to produce the highest quality material that is true-to-type (except in case of variegated plants where a prior written arrangement is established). In case of unsure varieties with respect to variegation, we strongly recommend to carry out a trial batch before placing an order.
Morphological variation may occur even in the plants of established varieties propagated by tc due to nursery practices, light intensity, pH of soil or potting mix, geographic location, weather etc. Plant Biotech gives no further warranty, express or implied, and all other or further warranties, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are excluded. Plant Biotech shall not be responsible for loss of any product, profit or any other indirect special or consequential damages.
We propagate our plants material using customer’s starting material. Whenever we purchase starting material from the open market, we rely on the accuracy of the variety name provided by supplier. No liability will be accepted by Plant Biotech or its Directors for any accuracy of the information provided. In the event that any stock is proven to be untrue to its name as labelled, our liability is limited to replacing the material free-of-charge or refunding the purchase price. We will not be liable for more than the actual purchase price of the plant material.
Pre-ordered tissue culture plants may be cancelled giving sufficient prior notice. 8 weeks notice prior to shipping needs to be received in order for cancellations to be accepted. Failing which the invoice will be raised and send it across to the customer.
Any information you provide to us either through this website or otherwise, will be used only for facilitating effective transactions between us (that is, you, the customer, and us, Plant Biotech Pty. Ltd.). We will not intentionally disclose or share any information with a third party without your consent.
A BOND OF TRUST
Just as we refrain from using material from any other laboratory due to origin, contamination and other issues, we expect that you will not supply our own tissue culture material elsewhere. This is a Bond of Trust that we uphold, and expect to establish with you, our valued customer.
TC Plants: These fully rooted tiny plants are sold in their container (in-agar) or ex-agar, in take-away boxes. Some varieties don't root in-agar but they form roots when planted in the hothouse.These suit most overseas buyers and bulk buyers/growers from Australia. Minimum buy is 500 plants/variety.
We ship all plants in sturdy cardboard boxes.
All shipments are sent via Fastway courier or Australia Post.
We process all orders by 10am on Monday and ship them on Tuesday.
Shipping charges (Australia) explained –
Shipping charges consist of:
tc plants –
tissue culture plants are mostly shipped in their container (see picture). Each container is labelled with variety’s botanical name and its code. Each container has approx. 25 plants.
The tc plants are packed in our branded cartons. Wherever required we pack organic packing material around plants. The boxes are neatly labelled and marked to ensure safe delivery to their new home
We use Australia Post (regular parcel) service to send the plants. In some cases we use Fastway courier. The freight remains unchanged even if we use courier.
Import permit (if required) and import conditions must be obtained and send to us before you place an order for plants from another country. Without the correct permits and/or import conditions it will not be possible for us to obtain phytosanitory certificate for your shipment. Without which your products may be seized by quarantine authorities in your country and an additional fine could be imposed.
Customers from WA, TAS and overseas (except where an import permit and Phytosanitary certificate is not required) can purchase our tissue culture plants.
Tissue culture plants inspection fee is as follows for bulk buyers from WA /TAS
Customers from WA must submit the Notice of Intention to Import Plants form before the plants have been imported into Tasmania, for a smooth and hassle-free import passage. This form can be obtained from visiting the following link:
Customers from Tasmania must submit the Notice of Intention to Import Plants form before the plants have been imported into Tasmania, for a smooth and hassle-free import passage. This form can be obtained from: https://dpipwe.tas.gov.au/Documents/NoI_Plants_or_Plant_Products.doc
We provide Plant Health Declaration (at no cost) with each shipment going to WA/TAS.
Plant Health Inspection and Certification by DPI (if required) will be charged at actual.
Please check the quarantine website for latest fees schedule
All prices are quoted in AUS dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- Immediate Delivery: Full payment will be required when we confirm your request. Orders will only be dispatched on the following Monday/Tuesday after receipt of payment.
- Advance bookings: 50% of the full amount will be payable when we confirm your request and the remaining 50% before we dispatch your order.
Payment can be made by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only), PayPal, cheque or deposited into our account. For cheque payments, delivery will be made on realisation of payment. We reserve the right to cancel open orders on any past overdue accounts.
A fee of $30.00 will be charged for any dishonoured cheques.
Prices once agreed upon, will not be changed without your consent.