Quality, Quality and Quality.
These are the only three words that could possibly be used to sum up the Unique Selling Point of this Company. For, that's what Plant Biotech is all about - A tissue culture company involved in the mass-scale production of excellent quality exotic landscaping plants - currently focusing on Bromeliads, that we sell at various stages of growth (tissue culture plants, hardened off plants or 4 inch pot plants), as per requirement.
Established in New Zealand as Plant Culture Ltd.©, the significant Australian market with its wide and assorted client base prompted us to move our production operations to Queensland in early 2006. Plant Biotech Pty. Ltd.© was set up with the same core commitment to Quality and Service, spurred by encouragement from the Business Migration Unit of the Queensland Government.
At Plant Biotech, we give great importance to every stage of plant development, more so to the final, rooting stage, for which we have developed a special treatment. We believe this is a critical stage, as the plants' hardening period and mortality can be largely affected if they have not reached a good size and developed a good rooting system when they are transferred from the agar into cell trays. Our products are therefore pre-hardened plants of superior quality, which will establish quicker in your shade house. We also have a proven track record of successfully introducing plants into tissue and customers are welcome to view our facilities and have the processes outlined. We are committed to a professional code of practice in ensuring your complete satisfaction.
Bromeliads are one of the most difficult plants to introduce into tissue culture, but through continuous research and trials we have now perfected the micropropagation technique for various varieties of these amazing plants. While ongoing research aims to put more and more new and exotic varieties into tissue, plans are afoot to diversify into other, mostly high-value ornamental plants and forestry plants, so as to be able to cater to a wider clientele.
As we look to widen our scope, however, our primary intent is to always adhere to the highest quality standards while maintaining our overheads to bring you the finest quality plants at the best possible prices.
Click on the eSTORE image to visit our online store
The People behind Plant Biotech
Anil Ghodké – Managing Director
- Masters degree (MSc) in Biotechnology from the Poona University in India and is amongst the 20 top ranking candidates from the Department of Biotechnology, one of the highest ranked post-graduate programmes in India
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE),
- Diploma in Administrative Management, University of Mumbai, India
- Enterprise management, New Zealand
- An affiliated member of the International Institute of Business (IIB), UK
- Over 20 years experience in the commercial aspects of plant tissue culture and in the administration and setting up of commercial tissue culture facilities
As if that's not enough, he thinks he's good at Bollywood dancing too..!!
Paul Robinson – Director based in New Zealand and taking care of the international market for Plant Biotech
- A full-fledged entrepreneur with a background specialising in small to medium start up businesses
- Has owned and operated several businesses, including three petrol stations, a Starmart franchise, an NZ Lotteries Commission franchise, and Nutrifare Ltd., to name a few
- Has an excellent understanding of the retail market as well as the modern business model
- Is a passionate businessperson who understands people and can relate to all levels of the business and marketing chain
Flies commercial helicopters when he's not driving (everyone crazy)...
Stuart Diamond (MPS) - based in New Zealand, and maintaining the sanity in times of crisis
- Is a pharmacist with over thirty years experience in his field
- Also a very successful property developer with an excellent understanding of the rules and regulations that apply when dealing with local government
- Able to blend a very positive mix of scientific knowledge and business experience into to the Company’s operation
Lets his quiet demeanor mislead the competition, but who's complaining!